According to the National Association of Florida Realtors, in their Profile of International Residential Real Estate Activity in Florida article, in 2017:
- Foreign buyer purchases of Florida residential properties increased to $24.2 billion. This accounted for 21 percent of Florida’s residential dollar volume of sales. Nationally, foreign buyers comprised 10 percent of the dollar volume of existing home sales.
- Foreign buyers purchased 61,300 residential properties, which made up 15 percent of Florida’s residential market.
- Nationally, foreign buyer residential purchases accounted for five percent of existing-home sales.
- The median purchase price among foreign buyers increased to $259,400, in line with the overall increase in the median price of Florida’s existing home sales of $220,100.
- The median price among foreign buyers was 18 percent higher than the median price of Florida’s existing home sales.
Pretty amazing facts! For additional information on how you can take advantage of today’s real estate market, call us at 407.335.8556.